ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

ZTree Forum Bug   [Forum]

By: Ernie Camacho       
Date: Mar 04,1999 at 05:59
In Response to: ZTree Forum Bug (John Gruener)

> Also see how this affected the response window to
> his response. All his responses were treated as
> part of my text.

> John

This brings up another point. I don't like to clutter up my response to a post by including the entire original post. If there's just one point I'm responding to, I delete all the rest of the original (this response is a case in point).

If my msg is C, responding to B, which was responding to A, my 'response message' window only shows the B text(auto-pasted in by the forum software). Sometimes this isn't enough to keep my C comments in context. To get around that, and to deal with this current bug (which won't show the B text 'cause the forum thinks it's A text), I simply scroll back up to the B text I'm responding to and manually copy/paste it into a ...B text... block

I understand that the forum's pasting the B text into my 'response message' window is meant to be a labor-saving help, but, maybe not having the auto-paste function, or having a manual-paste function instead, might cut down on the size of posts. Just a thought...

--ernie--

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,646 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 56 users online (0 registered, 56 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Apr 28, 2024 - 5:41 am UTC  |  Hits:63,110,013  (4,683 Today )
RSS Feed