ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] Default ZTW.INI, ZTW.HST and ZTW.ZAM location   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: May 12,2023 at 23:43
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.212 Now Available! (Kim Henkel)

(Edited and reposted for clarification).

First the good:

When ZTree is installed under %ProgramFiles%, if the ZTW.INI, ZTW.HST and ZTW.ZAM files do not yet exist anywhere, they are now automatically created in %AppData%\ZTreeWin. (But I think the info message in the case of newly creating ZTW.INI under %AppData% is unnecessary in this case).

When these files only exist under %ProgramFiles% they are, in one particular case, automatically copied to %AppData%, and the message that ZTW.INI is being saved in the user profile directory is good here. (I think though that the other two files should have similar messages).

Now the not so good:

The bug is that the automatic copying of the existing files works only if the shortcut "Start in" directory is the #ZTHome directory. If it is not #ZTHome (as I suspect is the case for most users) the files are not copied to %AppData%. Instead, ZTree is still attempting to save them in #ZTHome.

- John

Messages in this Thread

96,640 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 81 users online (0 registered, 81 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Apr 15, 2024 - 1:24 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,866,507  (11,075 Today )
RSS Feed