ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Ztree hangs to hidden task with heavy load - CrashDumps   [Bug]

By: Zdenek Hladik       
Date: Feb 24,2021 at 22:23
In Response to: Steps to reproduce (Martijn Coppoolse)

I was the first reporter of this problem and I use full screen mode a long time. So I tried to trace mechanism of crash. With help of utility "Everything" I found creation of crashdump file just in exact time of Ztree hiding.

My theory: Ztree probably sends some not healthy request to conhost.exe. It crashed but before it conhost returns to Ztree some poor result (or corrupts some buffers?) which hangs ztree in background and prevents even clean Ztree shutdown/crash. Maybe there is some method to force crashdump file creation of background Ztree zombie task and then investigate what happened?

Crashdump are stored in

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

I am not able to decode content. BlueScreenView utility does not understand format, and I am not experienced in dev tools.

BTW Microsoft heavily develops Console services and there are also similar problems reported in repo issues tracking:

https://github.com/microsoft/terminal/issues/5843

Zdenek OK7DR

Messages in this Thread

95,371 Postings in 12,032 Threads, 350 registered users, 32 users online (0 registered, 32 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: May 6, 2021 - 12:00 pm UTC  |  Hits:39,347,076  (6,980 Today )
RSS Feed