ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug?] Directory Context-menu Properties   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Mar 11,2018 at 21:10
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.182 Now Available (Kim Henkel)

Has anyone seen this or able to reproduce it?

In Windows 10, using Shift-F10 or Right-click on a directory, then selecting Properties from the context menu, nothing happens. The context menu disappears as it should, but the Properties dialog never appears.

There are several odd things about this. The random nature of it leads me to believe it's some kind of timing problem within ZTree. Here are some results of extensive testing:

1. It occurs on my desktop and an MS Surface Pro 2 tablet, but not my slower laptop.

2. The desktop occasionally displays the Properties dialog (maybe once out of 10 times).

3. The MS Surface displays it more frequently (maybe 7 out of 10 times).

4. If I use ZTree 32-bit rather than 64-bit on the desktop, it displays it much more frequently (maybe 9 out of 10 times).

5. Occurs with or without ZTW.INI or command-line parameters, with or without the API switch, invoked as User or Administrator, in Legacy or non-Legacy mode.

6. The Properties dialog for files always works correctly.

7. The Properties dialog for directories always works correctly from Explorer.

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 131 users online (0 registered, 131 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 3:00 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,410,016  (24,802 Today )
RSS Feed