ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

PDF Xchange Viewer seems to work best for now   [Tip]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Feb 12,2015 at 10:16
In Response to: PDF Xchange Viewer seems to work best for now (Bernhard Steffen)

> I've installed this PDF viewer and after a short test it seems to
> works very well with ZPreview (as well as in Outlook) -
> thank you & keep up your promising work.

Thank you, I will. By now, I've rewritten most of the internals, so that different 'preview providers' can be switched on or off independently, and ultimately it should be possible to indicate the order of preference in case several different providers can provide a preview for the same file. It also makes it a lot easier for me to debug each preview provider individually. :-)

I haven't migrated all providers to the new structure yet (most notably the Windows Preview Handlers), and what with my birthday and installing new heating in my house, it will be some time before I get around to finalizing it.
Then I'll probably still need to dig down into the communication between the Windows Preview Handlers and their host...

> (BTW: Along that way I finally uninstalled Adobe Reader (no need for
> it), but kept Foxit Reader yet.)

You can keep whichever PDF reader you prefer; you can use the previously mentioned Preview Association Handler to select which one of them is used for previews. Since this association is separate from PDF file's "open" association, you can open PDFs with one program, and preview them with another.

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 89 users online (0 registered, 89 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 2:33 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,409,063  (23,849 Today )
RSS Feed