ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[rpVT] another scenario for rpVT sync failure ...   [rpVT]

By: Liviu       
Date: Mar 02,2011 at 01:06
In Response to: [rpVT] another scenario for rpVT sync failure ... (Hartmut Schneider)

Hartmut,

> just found another scenario in which rpVT doesn't sync to a running ZTree...

I think you left out some details, which I'll try to fill in the best I can guess.

> I'm used to start rpVT from within ZTree with an eXecute command line which
> (I thought) contains almost all tricks to get rpVT to sync with ZTree:
>
> start /dD:\ %#ZTHome%\rpVT\rpVT.exe /zd%#ZTHome% & sleep 3

Looks good, but should be noted that (a) you could use /d%#ZTHome% instead of hardcoding a drive letter, and (b) sleep is not a builtin command - I assume you are using the one from the resource kit.

> The term  sleep 3 ensures that above command line remains visible in the window
> title for 3 secs [...]

That's odd. What I get here in the console title is not the "start ..." string, but rather "%temp%\ztmp000\ztw_menu.bat %1 ...". What versions of ZTree and Windows are you running?

> When ZTree is launched via ZTWIN.BAT [...]

Just curious, but why do you launch ZTWIN.BAT, instead of ZTW.EXE directly?

> After I launched ZTW.EXE once instead of ZTWIN.BAT, all was fine: ZTWIN.BAT
> and #ZTHome had the correct path case, and rpVT was willing to sync again...

You make it more complicated than it needs be. If you run ZTW directly with the default console title (or make sure you have /TZ among your custom title) then rpVT will happily sync. That happens to be the official recommendation, btw ;-)

Back to your scenario, which again I can't fully duplicate here... But if you want a temporary "ZTreeWin" in the title just for rpVT to sync, then the following might work better than relying on ZTWIN.BAT paths:

title ZTreeWin - waiting for rpVT to be fooled
start /d%#ZTHome% %#ZTHome%\rpVT\rpVT.exe /zd%#ZTHome%
sleep 3

Cheers,
Liviu

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 126 users online (1 registered, 125 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 3:37 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,411,336  (26,122 Today )
RSS Feed