ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] ZBAR update during active spell search   [rpVT]

By: Liviu       
Date: Mar 28,2009 at 00:07
In Response to: [rpVT] does not switch files with Active spell search (Ben Kent)

To start with the "discuss" part... During active spell search, each time the highlight moves, ZTree updates zbar.dat twice in a row, first '@' then 'w'. The updates happen very quickly (within 1 msec here), making it unlikely for any "polling" ZAAP to catch both. My first question is whether the 'w' notification is warranted at all in this case (for example, navigating with arrows doesn't send any 'w', just '@'). Second question is whether the order could perhaps be reversed, so that '@' comes last (since '@' is the "stronger" hint between the two).

That said, the scenario Ben described is a bug which will be fixed in the next rpVT build.

> Enter a file window
> Shift-some letters
> The ZTree highlight changes, but the file path in rpVT does not [...]

FWIW the same can be duplicated outside spell search e.g. by running a "DOWN,F8" macro while in DW - most times rpVT will miss the "DOWN" file change.

Reason in both cases is, as Ian pointed, that zbar.dat is updated in rapid sequence, and rpVT only catches the last change which happens to be a benign 'w' (screen update). The fix will be for rpVT to recognize based on the counter that it missed an update, and treat the 'w' command as a file change.

Cheers,
Liviu

P.S. I am still not sure why the active-spell-search case appears to work correctly with ZTree v1.x and rpVT Axx. Unfortunately, I don't have the environment handy to debug the Axx version now, and that would be of academic interest, anyway.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 40 users online (0 registered, 40 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 6:13 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,375,772  (28,169 Today )
RSS Feed